Rebels Academy Soccer Teams : overview
In this program we provide kids with the “travel team” experience without the travel component. Players who sign up have the opportunity to practice once or twice a week with their team and play games in our small sided intramural soccer league on the weekend.
Rebels Academy Winter Season Registration
2017 & 2016 Division
Winter Season (Indoors at Siloam Presbyterian Church)
Jan 2-Mar 31st
- Practices are on Tuesdays from 4-5:30pm
- Sunday Games are between 12-3pm
- League Game Format 3v3
- Practices are on Wednesdays from 4-5:30pm at Siloam Church
- Sunday Games are between 12-3pm at PS.20
- League Game Format 4v4/5v5
- Practices are on Fridays from 4-5:30pm at Siloam Church
- Sunday Games are between 2-5pm at PS.20
- League Game Format 5v5
Benefits Of 3v3/5v5
Small Sided Games
- More Goals!
- More attacking opportunities
- More defending opportunities
- More time with the ball
- Less players on the field
- Extremely fun!
- Enhanced teamwork
- Enhanced communication
- Promotes creative thinking
- More playing time
- For kids born in 2017/2016, 2015/2014 and 2013/2012.
- It is ideal for kids who have participated in skills classes, have some knowledge of the game and are wanting to play in a more competitive environment
- For those players that want to play in a team and compete against other teams
- For players who want the travel team experience but are not able to make those huge commitments
- This program will run between September 11th-December 22nd with 11-12 league games, weekly practices and prizes!
- The league is all small sided games, 3v3 & 5v5
- Players practice once or twice a week and show up for their scheduled game on Sundays to play.
- Players will be placed in teams after our first scrimmage. Coaches will evaluate all players and make even teams to keep the league balanced and competitive
- Players sign up and choose between the option to play in league games only, practice once a week and games or twice a week and games.
- All practices are in Dumbo (Jay street between York & Bridge st)
- Yup, all games will be either at 9am & 10am in Park Slope by the Old Stone House of Brooklyn (3rd street and 4th ave)
No, our intramural league focuses on helping players learn to play the game without the added pressure of points and standing table. We instead give out weekly prizes for players who are standing out each week.